The Primary Goals of Psychotherapy Are:
- To know yourself better.
- To learn to become more authentic in your life, with yourself, and with others.
- To learn to shift from emotional pain to your true self.
- To understand how your values can anchor your behaviors.
- Establish more effective coping mechanisms.
- To learn from the past and what you want for the future.
- Learn to become more effective in your life by becoming more emotionally and socially intelligent.
- To heal from pain and unfold toward a better place in your life.
We all come from dysfunctional families of some sort. As a result, we all have some emotional pain from the past that often gets in the way of living a more authentic life. If you are struggling with emotional pain, perhaps talking about it and working on practical solutions, may help you to heal.